Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Getting in the flow

This week has gotten off to a fast and busy start and I'm absolutely loving it! The end of last week was a struggle. There were no events planned, and I couldn't get a hold of anyone so I was getting bored. But these past 3 days have been busy and a lot of fun.
Sunday was busy with church and jr. high Junior high is going well, the guys event fell through last week, but it's planned better this week, and definately on for Friday night. We also had a fundraising meeting for Camp this summer, and a man in the church is having us putting the parable of the 10 minas into practice and giving everyone $100 (including leaders) with the intention of multiplying it. We're all coming up with ideas for little businesses and fund raisers.
Last night was 180 (high school youth group) and it was awesome. I spoke and shared my testimony and some verses that were impactful to me, and I think the students really connected with it. I think me sharing my story really helped show them that I'm here and want to be a part of this group and not just the strange new guy After 180 almost the whole group went to Dairy Queen, and I had a blast getting to know the students, and it was fun going from table to table. The best part was that some of the guys invited me to be a part of a small group they're in, so we're going to Applebees as a group tomorrow afternoon. ! I'm just trying to make myself present and get to know more people and just really try to be a part of the group. I'm excited that I'm getting into a routine and things are picking up.

Some prayer requests would be...

  • Relationships would continue to build and that I would be active in finding things to do and not just wait for people to invite me to things.
  • I'm also starting a month long series for Jr. high Sunday school on loving God and loving others, so pray that the series goes well.
  • Ideas for me and the group for multiplying our money for camp

Thanks for praying! Feel free to comment or send email. Keep in touch for all who read this!

Brad

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Aaby said...

B-rad,
So good to hear the great things that are happening and your excitement. We knew that the first couple weeks would be tough, but good to see you getting into the flow!
We'll look forward to reading the next post!
Grace,
Brian

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

b-rad
c i told u to stay at BPPC oregon...sheesh.. u no anna wants to be an oregon beaver... well brad u realize u being all far away and stuff means u are left without any fabulous fabrizio's!! my gosh brad...
- cursty fab-u-lous

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home