Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Update

I've been reminded that it's been over a week since I've provided any update. This past week has been really busy but a ton of fun. I've taught 3 times, and teach again on Sunday morning, I've led a jr. high planning meeting, and had a guys video game night among other things and I'm loving it! From the first few weeks, I'm connecting most with a few of the jr. high guys. We had a video game night last Friday that went really well, and it's going to become a regular thing. The coolest part of the night, was the opportunity to share Christ with a student!
Things are also coming together with high school as well. We had a dinner scramble last Monday and split into 3 different groups, so it was a good chance for me to build relationships with a smaller group. I'm just really excited to keep going and continue to build those relationships and continue to fit in down here. Things are going well with peers as the church as well. Yesterday I spent the day golfing with Wescott (youth pastor), Bob (sr. pastor) and Dave (elder). It was nice to get out with the guys. I shot a 122 by the way, so I won't be switching careers anytime soon.
Since I've been here, I've had more opportunity to do some extra things like help a family move furniture, and am going to be doing projection for Sunday mornings occassionally and it's looking like I'm going to be the male chaperone on the 8th grade trip for the Christian school that meets at the churhc, so I'm excited about those types of opportunities.
My prayer requests would be that things continue to go well, and that I have more opportunities to build relationships outside of church and youth group, and more opportunities to share Christ as well.
Hope everyone that reads this is doing well!

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian Aaby said...

B-rad,
Well, I'll continue my tradition of responding to your posts...even if nobody else does! Good to hear what is happening and what ways we can be praying for you.
You're missed up here as well, we look forward to seeing you on one of your upcoming trips up!
Grace,
Brian

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brad,

Glad things are going well for you down in Oregon. Lots of good things are happening up this way too. Miss seeing you around, but know the Lord's hand of blessing goes with you wherever you are...

Jan A.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meant to check other not anonymous.
That I definitely am not! Anonymous that is... Thanks for keeping us up-dated. I just got your web address so, I'll be talking to you again soon. God Bless You and your ministry there!

Jan A.
Ps. 23

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home