Sunday, September 25, 2005

Chaotic but Awesome weekend

Nothing like jumping right in and getting my feet wet. Wed. Night was the first jr. high which was a blast, and Thursday was Third Day which was also very fun. This weekend we had a jr. high retreat. It was the covenant church pacific northwest wide retreat and it was a blast. It was at lake retreat, and it was awesome being able to go and hang out and not worry about program. It was a good chance for me to meet a bunch of the jr. highers. I've got all of the people that went name's down so that's a cool thing!!! Had some great conversations with the guys also. It was cool that I also saw a couple unexpected people. Saw a guy from SPU, and saw Chris (The Armstrong Cousin) He helps out with the jr. high at his church.

Tonight was high school youth group. It went well. I didn't think I'd be nervous but I was. It was the first night that I was the guy in charge. There was no fall back guy, it was me. I don't think I relaxed all night, but it went well. It was neat having Ben there. He didn't do anything up front but it was cool to get the your doing great and relax type commetns. Very encouraging! I think things went well, but it got chaotic for me. Tech stuff didn't work at the beginning, and there was just a lot going on at once, but it was good! My talk went wel also. I'm just excited about the group, they're a great group of teens!

I'm also starting to set up stuff with groups outside of church too, which is awesome! I know I'm going with a group to the mxpx, relient K concert and I think more stuff like that will happen.

Prayer Requests

That I can lead the leaders, and get on the same page with them and that this transition continues to be smooth.

Don't know if the BPPC people have any updates but pray for the ruperts as last I heard they had evacuated from Hurricane Rita.

Thanks all for praying!

Brad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home