Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Life

It's been over a week since my last update. It's been a pretty busy week. Wescott has been on vacation so I've been running the show and it's been a ton of fun. We've had 2 jr. high bbq's that have gone well and 2 high school bbq's that went well too. Some highlights are we had 17 high schoolers at sunday school last week. We all crammed into Bob's office, even though we were cramped it went really well. I even made homemade muffins!

I've been housesitting this week also so it's been nice to be in Stayton, and have my own place for a bit. Last week I also went rafting for a day with the college group. I've never been rafting before, it was an absolute blast! I also led a devotional which went well, and led into some good conversations with an exchange student who's not a christian.

It's weird being down to my last couple weeks. The junior highers don't want me to leave so they showed their love on Sunday by playing a great prank on me. With a couple leaders help, they duct taped me to a picnic table, and put makeup all over my face, painted my big toes pink and put glitter all over. They had fun! I am loved!

Also the student I took to community college is enrolled, and he got accepted in a special program that will give him tutoring, free books and help towards getting his 4 year degree and transferring. He's really excited!

Job stuff is coming. My resume is out there, I've sent ito to a bunch of different places, and have an interview in Ferndale on Thursday, and have talked to a church in Olympia also. Keep praying for the right doors to open, and God leads me to the right place!

Also be praying that my time here ends well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home