Saturday, July 30, 2005

Wildhorse

What a great week! Wildhorse Canyon is a beautiful place and it was awesome to be there. Young life did a great program! The week affected our kids a lot. We had 2 accept Christ and 3 more recommit. The biggest highlight would be the closeness of our group. The group that went are really close. There was very little drama, and everyone seemed to get along and have a blast. It was a great opportunity for me to hang out with all the students for a week at camp, I just wish it would've been at the beginning of the summer instead of near the end! Some other highlights included:

The Ropes Course (yes something that involves balancing on wires 40 feet in the air is a highlight) What an awesome feeling when I got through it, even though it was very slow, and I fell once, but I did it, and so did everyone else in our group

Car Ride: I drove the suburban and had 3 different passengers there and back. It was a great chance for some good one on one times.

Skit Night: Yes the leaders put on an entertainment night. Yes, I was the one chosen from our Stayton Group. Yes, I was picked to do Riverdance. Let's just say it was a combination of me doing an irish can can and jogging really fast, it was awesome.

I'm banged up like always, I mean what would a trip be without hurting my knees, although no sprained ankles! I did get a new one though, hurt my tailbone on the first night. Makes it hard to sit on the floor. But minor stuff, What a great week!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Aaby said...

Great to hear about the trip! Praise the Lord! I'm glad you got to experience the great program there, it will enhance your future ministry for sure! Finish strong in Stayton Brad!
Grace,
Brian

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home