Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sun. evening fun

It's Sunday night, and at 10:39 I'm laying in bed on my wireless interent, wonderfully enjoying my early night. Today was a very interesting day of ministry. Sudnay school was one of those times, where I have a discussion/lesson planned and the group pulls it in a different but necessary direction. In the last few weeks some students hav eleft because they feel uncomfortable at youth group. This morning turned into a honest discussion about are we welcoming and how do we make those who feel uncomfortable feel comfortable. It was neat, because it's not where I intended or expected it to go, but it was really good. Even after Sunday school I could see some of the cliques begin to resach out. I hope it's not just a one day thing, but it actually becomes a part of our group.
Crew tonight was a blast. We played a new game that everyone loved. We played Siamese Soccer, which is soccer except you play while have your ankle tied with a rope to someone elses. It was hilarious to watch and a lot of fun. And no I didn't break or sprain anything.

Our new high school staff has been great. We're starting monthly leader dinners in a couple weeks. It'll be a great chance to build that team. I'm real excited about things, it's stressful and there's a lot going on, but dispite it all I see the fruit.
The biggest thing to pray for would be our group, that we can become one group and that we will be a place that's open and inviting and safe for all
And just because I've spent lots of time in Oregon, this article was hilarious for me. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002876375_webbeaver19.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home