Friday, October 14, 2005

Exciting, fun update!

Okay maybe this won't be an exciting, fun update, but I was told I needed one, so here's my best shot! This has actually been a pretty busy, but quiet week. The office has been real quiet, so I've had a lot of time yesterday and today to get things done for Sunday. The early part of the week was fun. I got to meet up with Nathanael, and go to a volleyball game in Orting! It was a ton of fun, meeting in Auburn at the exact same time, and finding dinner under $5! Fun way to enjoy my day off. Tuesday, I drove to Hoquiam. Hoquiam and Orting in the same week, I must becoming a small town guy. I went to Hoquiam with Rick (council chair) and his family to watch his son (jr. higher) play football. They won 31-0. Also had blueberry pancakes at another families house, a volleyball game and pizza with a couple seniors and I also had lunch this week with the youth pastor from Grace Covenant. I really like all these meetings that involve food! It's been good to connect with people this week, I hope that keeps continuing. I'm also the lunchroom monitor at Nisqually Middle School on Wednesday. It's fun spending an hour playing foosball and seeing kids I know! I also helped served at a Dinner Theater last night. It was a good way to hang out with students but also have some of the church see me as well!
This week being the first full week without ben has been good. It's been nice to get into a groove with my time in the office, and also start to do a few little things, like questions and a bible study time in our leader's meeting. I really want to be intentional about leading the staff as well, and I think that's starting to happen.
Outside of the stupid virus that's on my personal computer that won't go away (I'm using the church's) it's been a pretty good week! I'm heading up to applebee's sunday night, and then staying up in burien all day Monday.

Brad

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian Aaby said...

Brad,this was a fun and exciting update! Sounds like all is going really well! I think this experience is going to be your most valuable in Student Ministries and will only propel you to the next chapter! We're praying for you!
Grace,
Brian

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brad,
I may try to go to AppleBee's just cause you are going and I can. But, then again I am getting older and, so we'll have to see what's really happening by then. Mill went hunting, (YES, Mill went hunting!) this weekend. So, I'm with the boys, assigned to tape their b-ball game tomorrow. And I have another cool story to tell you about, but some other time.
Just suffice it for now to say, Joshu's three friends, Kyle, Kelson and a girl all accepted the Lord when they rode their bikes down to the Marina this week. Long story, but three new believers. Their assignment, (because Joshua is already connected in a youth group,) is to attend youth group with Joshua. It has been years of inviting Kyle and him saying no, Kelson too, but only for the last year or so. So, it's cool and we'll see what the Lord has in mind with it. Glad things are going so well for you down there! Blessings your way today...
Jan A.
Ps. 23

8:30 PM  
Blogger Brian Aaby said...

Brad...
You should post about your love life!
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I crack myself up!
B

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home