Saturday, July 08, 2006

Just call me Ichiro...

I've decided that I tell more prompt stories about softball than ministry, but oh well that's kinda how it works.

For some reason in last night's game our coaches decided that I was the speed demon they needed to be the leadoff hitter. I don't think in all of my years of any baseball game have I ever lead off. They wanted someone who gets on base, so that I did 3-4 with 2 walks, an rbi and 2 runs scored, and no errors in a 20-11 win! What a game! Tonight we have the Tacoma Rainiers game as a combined event, then tomorrow is the first annual youth group family softball game/bbq. Tons of people are out of town, and I don't think I've organized it terribly well, because I have no idea who's planning on coming, so please pray that event goes well. Then next week it's gearing up for Tennessee. Keep praying for the hearts of our group that is going. That they will be open to what God has for them.

Brad

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will be praying for the hearts of the youth that are going on the trip. That God will be preparing them for whatever He has to speak to them each individually and also as a whole. Justin's coming with the group down to the Tacoma Rainiers. I went to a game there once with my dad and his friend years ago. It was not very fun as my dad ranted and raved and embarassed me nearly to death! But supposedly he enjoyed himself.
Interesting stuff what people enjoy I suppose. Tell Sarah hi from me!
Jan A.
Ps. 23

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

grrr...update so I have something to read at 4 AM! Instead, I'm praying that you are getting rest so you will be ready to take on the new day God gives you!
Kellie

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home