Sunday, October 23, 2005

Wow didn't realize it's been so long

Man, it's been almost 10 days since my last real update! Things are definately not boring. I think the business is starting to kick in. It seems I'm always on the go doing something! It's a ton of fun, but have to force myself to stop sometimes! Since the last update I've given 6 messages. I'm getting used to speaking multiple times a week. I've been pleased with them, I think I'm getting more and more comfortable, and am able to communicate well what I want to say.

A lot of my craziness of the last few days surrounds, the CHIC conference. It's a 5 day covenant youth conference in Knoxville, TN. We had our parent info meeting, and it's a lot to plan. We're also getting started on fundraising. A cool thing is that we were given our church's holiday bazaar, so the youth gets all of the proceeds for that event. We have a ton of signups and I have leaders doing a great job at organizing that.

This has been a weird but good few days. The honeymoon's over. I still love it, and I love that fact that I'm building relationships and sunday and wednesday nights go well, and we have 16 kids at a bowling night! There's just a lot of stuff. People stuff, transition stuff, church council stuff, youth stuff, just stuff... Today was one of those days where I was drained. Things went well, just draining. I guess my prayer requests would just be strength and patience to deal with all of the little things. The big things seem handleable (not a word, but it's 12:00 am) but it's the little things that pile up!

Oh, I almost forgot. I remember on the 4th of July a year and a half ago. I gave my first Sunday school lesson as the intern at BPPC. "God is Holy and that's cool!" Well I spoke this morning on God's Holiness, and it went really well! More than just God's holiness is cool. I've definately grown in this last year and a half. It's really encouraging to see stuff like that. I also heard from a friend that the jr. highers in Oregon remember an analogy I spoke on months ago! It's really cool on the draining days to be encouraged and see that things are working, even if I'm exhausted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home