Thursday, May 19, 2005

I'm back

I'm back, I've returned from Bend, slightly sunburned, okay maybe a little more than slightly but not horrible. You would think I would have learned my lesson by now, but I guess not. The trip was a great chance to build relationships with some 8th graders. We had a ton of fun swimming, playing mini golf, and playing video games but had some great conversations as well. I led 2 devotional times, and it was awesome hearing stories about what God has done in their lives and how they want to live for Him.
Also in the last week, had another jr. high video game night. We took the projector to one of their houses, and had a blast. It was awesome. Things are continuing to go really well, and I'm keeping busy preparing sunday school this week, and preparing a series for high school sunday school as well. I've also been given a challenge to be purposeful in ministry with students, staff and parents so I'm working on that as well! It's weird to think that the school year part of my time in Stayton is almost over, and were heading into the summer. I'll be back up again in Seattle in a couple weeks, look forward to seeing all of you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Aaby said...

B-rad Haystack...
Hope all is well today.
I just got tired of going to your blog and seeing that nobody had commented yet on this one... So here ya go!
Sounds like Bend was great. Cool town too!
Grace,
Brian

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brad,
We had a fun weekend, baseball game Friday night, movie Saturday night, and just hanging out today.
Actually Nathan F. tells me I am his adoptive mom. So, I guess the fact that he fell asleep on our couch this afternoon means he was comfortable here! :) Glad things are going well for you. And yes, you should have known about the sunburns by now! But that's the mother part of me speaking. Bless you and your week!
Jan A.
Ps. 23

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home