Monday, October 31, 2005

Lost in the Shuffle

I realized something last night. After our high school youth group night at the corn maze, I was exhausted. I was tired, stressed, just tired of people. Yet, I got invited to Dairy Queen with some students and a couple leaders. I had said I didn't think I'd come, but thanks. I realized as I was waiting for the last students to get picked up, I realized that I was getting away of the aspect of ministry I love so much. I was so focused on the program, that I wasn't taking advantage of the realationship building outside of church that I love so much. I realized that if I was at BPPC or Oregon, I still would've gone to Applebees or hung out with the college group. Why should it be different here? So I went to DQ and it was awesome. We were only there for about 20 minutes, but it was great! Everyone was glad I came, and it was nice to hang out with a new group as well, and set up lunch with a couple guys for Friday! I'm glad that I got that realization last night, and was able to hang out!

This week has been busy but good, we had a crazy jr. high pumpkin party wed. night! Everyone had a lot of fun, and I do have to say I pull off a pretty good looking Johnny Depp Pirate! We also did the corn maze last night, so there were no normal youth groups this week. ALso got a couple days to relax down in Oregon, and see everybody. I had a blast, going to halloween parties and watching movies, shopping and just having a great time!

Life's definately never boring, but I am looking forward to a pretty normal week. Oh and I finally get to move imnto my apartment on Saturday, which will be nice! It'll be nice getting back to a normal week. Keep praying for the church in these next couple weeks, there's a lot going on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad,

Glad you went to D.Q. afterall.
Be glad you can do ministry like that. Have a good normal kind of a week. And enjoy your new apartment.

Jan A.
Ps. 23

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home