Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Long Update!

Hey it's been a busy week since my last update. There was a lot going on. Despite all the stuff it was a great weekend. Saturday was our first fund raiser for CHIC and we raised almost $4000. What a encouraging thing. It was awesome after only planning the bazaar for a month that it was able to come together so well. There were so many people that came together to help and support. WHat a great sense of the church body coming together.
Last weekend we also had a jr. high and sr. high event. We had ice skating Friday night. It was fun to hang with th ejr. high kids. And no I didn't sprain or hurt anything! Last Sat. night was our high school turkey dinner. I really enjoyed the group coming togehter and dressing up. The food was great too! I know this is a shocker but I was the best guy semi-formally dressed (one guy came formal) It was great!

This week has been good because I've been able to catch up on some little things I haven't been able to do the last couple weeks cause of the bazaar. Today I'm even cleaning the youth room closet. I hope I make it out alive!

Last night was a great concert. I went with a few high school and college students to the MxPx and Relient K concert. A great concert and fun drive up.

Since this week has been a bit slower I've been able to reflect a bit on the first couple months here, and it's neat because I've been in a bunch of different new situations and I've been able to see my assignments and things I've experienced as an intern really come into practice. Especially in dealing with conflict, and shepherding staff and parents. Thanks, Brian and Wescott for giving me those experiences and for the continued support!

Well, I'm heading up late tonight for thanksgiving, and might catch some people at the Turkey Bowl. I hope everyone has a great, relaxing Thanksgiving holiday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Testing to make sure these work!

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home