Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tired but in need of a blog

I'm exhuasted and heading to bed, but couldn't miss sharing about a cool story this afternoon before I head to the high school campout tomorrow morning. One of our students who's coming on the trip came by this afternoon to help me make copies and do some other things. He's a recently graduated senior and headed to Central WAshington in the Fall. He attended faithfully 2-3 years ago and came back this January. We were in my office and he asked about Jesus being God, and it led to a great coversation and at the end of the afternoon he accepted Christ. It was so awesome to see. It was so clear to me in talking to him that he was so ready to make a commitment. He's been on our CHIC (conference in tennesee) and went to creation this summer, so Christ started to become real, but he made the commitment this afternoon. It makes me think of Elijah where he was looking for God in the big things, and found him in the ver small thing. I think sometimes we expect God to speak through the major conferences and retreats which he does, but awesome to see God work while making copies in our conference room. Very very awesome to watch God work in that way. And to see this quiet student to go from very quiet to excited about Christ and about what he's doing, is an awesome thing. Please pray for Pascal as he heads to Central, pray he can find a good church home and some good Christian friends in the area. Also be praying for my health. I've been fighting a cold and have a nasty cough as I leave for the campout. Thanks for praying
Brad

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad,
Awesome! That's what it's all about. Fruit, fruit that remains.
I will pray for Pascal. And you and your cold, not fun starting into a retreat not at full health.
But, remember God works in and through our weaknesses. May He be strong where you are weak this trip. Praying!!!

Jan A.
Ps. 23

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your comments today (yesterday, last night-it's all the same to me). I think we do expect big things to happen when we are at a conference or on a retreat, but we can become lax in our expectation and anticipation of God's work in the lives of students (and ourselves) in the day-to-day stuff.
Congrats Pascal for joining the family!
Thanks Brad for being open to being used by God while sick and trying to get everything ready for camp! I'm afraid I may have been discouraged by the poor timing and missed out on that awesome opportunity if I had been in your shoes.

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeh God!

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, so how was camp?

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad, Only the first Anonymous was me. It was good to see you and Sarah Tuesday. Enjoy your vacation!
Kellie

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home