Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Great Week

The Thanksgiving holiday was exactly what I needed. What a great, relaxing holiday. It was great spending time with friends and family and just being away for a few days. Really enjoyed the turkey bowl, and I didn't hurt myself! Sunday also went really well. I was refreashed and things went really well. We had a great leader's meeting where we were able to talk about future plans and things we would like to see happen with crew in the upcoming few months. I think Sunday could be discribed as a building Sunday. AFter my talk we had the leaders available for the students to come share and pray with them. Only one person came back, and it was hard not to be disappointed or upset after that. However, God taught me something. During the talk everyone was quiet and I could tell they were engaged with what was being shared. Maybe they didn't come back, but that's okay. It's God's timing and God's plan and not mine. I have a sense of no one came back this time, but it gets the thought out there that we are available. We also have a short term interim pastor that's been preaching but is in the office for the first time today. What a great guy to have here. Very personable and seems like a good person to get the church through the next few weeks.
I'm really excited about how things are going, and am excited about the next couple of weeks. We have 2 movie nights with sr. high and are doing Christmas in Seattle with jr. high on the 10th. It'll be a fun day of riding the carousel and hanging otu downtown and seeing Narnia at Cinerama. My one prayer request would be to keep praying for the students and families struggling with this transition time. pray for wisdom for the leadership on how to come alongside these people!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brad!
Glad you didn't get hurt at the Turkey Bowl. Yeah, it was fun to see you too! Our family had fun...
Hey, did you get snow yet? Todays games are cancelled too. Will keep you posted when we're coming out your way again. It would have been fun! Will we see you at Christmas time at all? Praying for you and your ministry down that way. And one is better than none and he or she could be future Billy Graham material or something.
God knows, blessings your way today.
Jan A.
Ps. 23

8:23 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Hey Jan, that would've been fun keep me posted on when games are down here. We've got a couple inches. I don't know the plan for Christmas but I'm sure I'll be up, maybe I'll catch christmas eve service at Boulevard or something like that. We'll see!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home