Thursday, January 05, 2006

Back in the Flow

I'm sitting here in my very nice, quiet office feeling like I'm trying to work on 72 million things at once. I have a bunch of projects and things half done in front of me, so I figured this was a good time to take a break and write. It's been a great week ministry wise. I'm really excited about the things that have happened the last couple days
  • 3 students have randomly dropped by my office (some more than once). It's great that they're coming to me also, and not just me getting out there.
  • Had 14 at jr. high wed. night, our largest crowd in a few weeks.
  • Met with Steve (youth pastor at Grace Covenant) and we're doing a couple combined events in the next few months. We're doing a game night and broom ball!
  • Have breakfast with Tom Horton tomorrow morning.
  • Really nice to be back in the flow of things
  • Excited about jr. high for the next couple months. We have a sunday school teacher in place.
  • Youth committee's starting on Sunday (I know crazy I'm excited about a meeting!)
  • The staff is great and Gary (the interim pastor) is a neat guy to work with.

I'm just feeling really refreshed and excited about what God has for me this quarter. It seems like I'm getting lots of opportunities to get plugged in with people like Steve and Tom, and try some new stuff. It was great to see that even though we had a break for a couple weeks, we didn't lose momentum. It's funny cause yesterday I was in this weird funk, and I was reading in Philippians 4, and how Eugene Peterson puts it was really impactful for me these past couple days.

Phil. 4:6-7 Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

It's been awesome to see that come together last night and today. Things have a way of working out, and when I get over the worrying aspect and trust God, things go so much better. Well there's my update for the week! Back to my 7 million things!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brad!

Interesting at the beginning of your e-mail you had 72 million things to do, at the end you only had 7 million. Just e-mailing those verses must have settled you down. Glad things are going well!
Have a good breakfast with Tom!

Jan A.
Ps. 23

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home