Saturday, August 19, 2006

Well at least my vacation's not boring...or cheap

So I haven't updated since camp. Camp went really well. My hope is that seeds were planted. I had some great conversations and I can definately say it was a group building weekend. I'm amazed at how well this group gets along, it's great to see that sense of community. I am now on vacation and after spending a few days in Burien and am finally now in Oregon. We left my parents this morning about 12. Made it to Olympia for some lunch, left Olympia about 2 and then got to the lovely town of Longview. Actually my van stops about 4 miles North of Longview. Transmission dies. So I have a dead van in the middle of nowhere. So Dacia Gordon came down and rescued us, and we got the van towed to Longview, head back to Olympia, get Sarah's car so after about a 3 1/2 hour delay finally made it back on the road. Hopefully my van's not as bad as it looks but it was leaking Transmission Fluid everywhere , so definately looks like the Tranny is gone. Please pray that it will get fixed relatively quickly. They couldn't get to it today, so I don't know what my car situation is going to look like next week. Outside of that, it has been a wonderful, relaxing vacation!
Update more next week!

Brad

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad,

Vacations are never boring or cheap. Which is why Mill and I and family have ever only taken one official vacation. Hope it all works out quickly for you.
Enjoy the rest of your days off!

Jan A.
Ps. 23

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the van situation! Never fun. I hope you enjoy my state!

So, we tried out a church near our house. It was the youth pastor's first Sunday. The church is much smaller than BPPC. A third would probably be pushing it, but it is the summer slowdown. All four of us have different ideas of what the perfect size of church would be for us!
We have a few more we want to attend. Unfortunately, we can't double up since the churches we want to check out all have services at the same time!
With a few out-of-town trips planned, it could be October or November before we decide...Arrgh.

Signing Alex up for HS tomorrow!

14 days, two research papers, 6 other papers to go to the end of the quarter~!

When does a comment become a blog of its own...?
Kellie

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kellie,

Hang in there!
Don't know when a comment becomes a blog of it's own.
But, I do appreciate knowing what to pray for you and your family.
Blessings today, and oh, "hi", to Brad! (and Sarah)

Jan A.
Ps. 23

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home