Monday, October 16, 2006

A quiet week?

Another good week of River Ridge youth ministry. Crew last night was a blast. I'm discovering how difficult it is to find games that the unathletic girls and the crazy guys both like. Although this week was good. We played a tag game where we split into 2 teams and tried to remove tape from the opposite team's back, and played till the tape ran out. Very fun game that everyone liked. Then we played the balloon tied around your foot game where you try to stomp everyone elses before yours is stomped. Worship was amazingly good last night. Due to some forgetting to show up we had a bass player who sang, and another singer, so 2 singers and a bass player. For whatever odd combination it was, it was great.

This week I think is going to be very light. No driving to portland, no major catastrophes yet, so it gives a lot of opportunity to plan. Particularly looking at summer mission trip(s) and our summer calendar.

The biggest prayer request is our small group ministry. It is definately not kicking off to a great start. I'm having trouble getting parents to buy in that this is a very important ministry if not most important. It seems lots of parents are choosing that their families will not be involved. Pray that I can help encourage parents that this is important, and not just one more thing.

Also, the leader situation is good. Had a long talk late last week and cleared everything up, so the relationship between me and that leader is good. Thanks for praying.

Also be praying for me as school gets busier. Currently I am way ahead in my online class and doing great with it, and my youth ministry classes are going well, but beginning of november is crazy so pray that that continues to go well.
There's my quick update.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian Aaby said...

Ahhh School... In a few years you'll be very thankful that you got the head-start that you have.
I will pray specifically that there is a "buy-in" from the parents on the small group ministry. It is a difficult thing to switch too because so much of the identity of a youth group has to do with what is seen (big group stuff like missions, camps, etc), but the ultimate value and growth is going to be through discipleship. I pray that this vision may be caught.
On that note, just food for thought (more based on experience); I certainly see the perceived value in just overseeing the small groups and pouring into the leaders, but modeling it (and having a small group for yourself) has had so much more return (again, just my experience). Your passion will overflow!

Grace,
Brian

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad,

Praising God that he worked out your situation with the other leader. I was praying a lot for that with you. I got some pretty sad news last night. And it was confirmed for me this afternoon.
My friend Anna (best friend from my first church and from birth), passed away. Services are this Thursday evening. It's tough information to deal with right now.
She would have been 46 in January.
She had a virus of some kind I guess!? Don't have a lot of details yet. But, I know I'm kind of sad right now. Thanks for your update. And I will be continue to pray for you.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way ahead on your online class! I'm furrowing my eyebrows at you right now. Kellie

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home