Monday, October 02, 2006

Update

So I've been told to update so I no longer whine about being sick :) I guess I'll have to whine about something else! Things are going pretty well. Had the men's retreat last weekend, which was a lot of fun to connect with the men in the church. We had 2 youth and 1 college age person attend, so that was a blast, and 3 youth leaders were there, so it was a good chance to connect with them. We also finished 3rd in a 6 team softball tourney at the retreat, so that was fun. I also made an all star play at 2nd, diving to my left rolling over and throwing to first from the seat of my pants, it was great! I also was forced to score from first on an inside the park home run so definately got my work out in.

Ministry wise the toughest thing going on is getting the small groups kicked off. We want to kick off in a week and only 3 of the groups are set with a communicated meeting time. 3 others have confirmed leaders and 2 others have no adults. The toughest thing is that I feel like I am not on the same page with some of the adults volunteering for small groups, so a prayer would be that we =get on the same page.

This week will be busy with a jr. high retreat this weekend, plus normal weekly activities.
Well I'm back to learning about Daniel!

Brad

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian Aaby said...

Yo Brad! Thanks for the update and specifics I can be praying about. My prayer is that God would provide the leaders in His time, and if some groups don't have a leader that you not try to take on that burden, allow the workers to be provided! "Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart" Ps. 27.

Grace to you brother!

Grace,
Brian

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad,
For what it's worth. Lifeboats are wonderful I'm sure. I say it like that, because my family has never fit into the boat. Lots of reasons for that. But just remember that the person is more important than the program. Don't ever forget why you are doing what you do. May you see much fruit, but never forget the experience you had recently in the copy room of your church. Blessings!

Jan A.
Ps. 23

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brad, Glad you updated...I've been submerged with school-work (well, except for that whitewater rafting trip...family visits...and cross country meets).
Hope the junior high retreat goes well this weekend. Wow...you sure started the year off with a lot! Not trying to burn out within the first couple months of the school year are you?
I'm praying for you and your ministry. Great reminder, Jan, about the copy room. Brad, may your worries be taken from you! God will bring His plan together - just be flexible if your plan wasn't His.
Kellie

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home