Sunday, September 10, 2006

why youth ministry is hard

I'm not really sure why I'm as bummed as I feel right now. It's very interesting to me, we had a great kickoff of crew (sr. high), we had 20 students, played a great game of frisbee golf complete with scorecards (thanks to Jesse), our worship band was great, and I felt like the message went well, but I"m bummed. About 2 hours before youth group, I found out a student at North Thurston was killed in a car accident, he was a football player and several of our students knew him. I've never met him, yet it totally rocked me, and I'm really not sure why. Maybe it's the 2nd student at that schooled that's died in 6 months, or maybe I just realized that it could've been any one of the students in our group. So tonight, I talked about how God is Holy and in control even if we don't understand, and read severa passages from the book I am not but I know I am, and talked about how God is awesome, and mighty yet loves us. i think it was one of those messages that was more for me than anyone else. We're going to the JV football game tomorrow night.Pray for our students as they deal with another tragedy, pray for the students at North Thurston, especially the football team as they deal with this, pray for Alex's family, and pray that our students at N. T. and our church can somehow bring hope in this situation and that somehow God will use this for good.

Brad

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad,

I'm sorry, life sucks.
But, God is good.
Remember "He remains faithful even when we are faithless".
There's a little book called "Good Grief", not sure who it's written by, but it is excellent if you can get your hands on a copy of it.

Jan A.
Ps. 23

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home