Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Update

It's been a really good last week. It's been nice getting back down here and back into the flow again after a couple weeks of up and down to Seattle. Yesterday was our high school summer kickoff beach trip and had 18 teens which was Awesome! That's the largest summer activity the church has had since Wescott's been here. It's great to see the teens show up outside of Monday night at 7 and want to be a part of what's going on. Had a chance to hang out with some kids I wouldn't normally see too much on a regular Monday night, so that was a neat opportunity.
Jr. High Summer stuff has also kicked off. In Sunday School we're going through the book of Phillippians and I'll be teaching most weeks I'm here during the summer. The past few weeks we've had really small turnout for our jr. high events. We had 6 at our summer kick off bbq which is the most we've had a couple weeks. Seems like everyone's busy in the summer and youth group hasn't been a priority.
Some Prayer Requests:
I'm feeling much better than last week, but the cough still won't go away
Pray that I can get into contact with some of the guys outside of church. Haven't been able to do that in a while. I'd love to get a weekly guys bible study or something weekly going on in the summer.
Also I finished building a resume and am starting to apply for jobs in September, so just pray that God will lead me to the right place.

This week seems to be pretty quiet, so hopefully I can get a chance to hang out outside of church. Also don't forget to be praying for the Boulevard team to Alaska that takes off later this week as well.
I'll update again soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home